Confirmed thus far -- more to come!
7:30 AM Registration and Breakfast
8:30 AM Welcome
- Candice Sherman, CEO, NEBGH
- Michelle Martin, VP, Employee Engagement, CBS Corporation & Chair, NEBGH Board of Directors
9:00 AM The Main Event: Truth Through Transparency
Marty Makary, MD, has been accused of exposing the "medical code of silence." He'll give us the blow-by-blow on why and where wasteful spending occurs and how to deliver a successful counterpunch!
- Marty Makary, MD, New York Times Bestselling Author of Unaccountable: What Hospitals Won't Tell You and How Transparency Can Revolutionize Health Care; NBC News & Fox News Medical Commentator; Surgeon and Professor of Health Policy, Johns Hopkins University
9:45 AM Round I General Session: Going the Distance - Delivery System Accountability
Health plans and purchasers are turning to ACOs, narrow networks and patient-centered medical homes as alternatives to a broken traditional healthcare delivery system. By definition, the aim is reducing costs, waste and harm to patients. How's it working?
Moderator: Craig Anderson, Regional President - Northeast, UnitedHealthcare Networks
- Niyum Gandhi, EVP and Chief Population Health Officer, Mount Sinai Health System
- Simeon Schindelman, CEO, Brighton Health Plan Solutions; Founder, Create
- Adam Stracher, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Weill Cornell Physician Organization; Associate Dean, Clinical Affairs, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Mark Wagar, President, Heritage Medical Systems
10:45 AM Break with Exhibitors
11:15 AM Round II General Session: Make Your Employees Contenders: Choosing the Right Care at the Right Time
Employees need information - and often a trusted champion - to navigate a complex healthcare delivery system. Mistakes can be costly for them and for your organization. How can you help employees make the right choices - especially when they are down for the count?
Moderator: Smita Mehta, MD, Associate Corporate Medical Director, Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Systems, Inc.
- Barbara A. Brickmeier, VP, Benefits, IHS, HRBD and Global Administration, IBM Corporation
- Peggy Snow Flores, Executive Director, Global Benefits, Laureate Education, Inc.
- Sara Freitag, Director, Health Care Benefits, The Kroger Company
- Jane Gerhard, Managing Director and Head of Human Resources, Cowen, Inc.
12:15 PM Lunch Buffet
12:45 PM So You Think You Know Health Care?
Al Lewis is a bestselling healthcare author and a host of various quiz shows. Join us for some fun with a live health care trivia contest!
- Al Lewis, Founder and CEO, Quizzify
1:45 PM Single Bouts: Concurrent Breakout Sessions
A. Knock Out Pharmacy Waste
Don't throw in the towel on pharmacy waste! There are steps you can take to make sure your PBM is effectively managing the dollars you spend on drugs - and giving you the transparency you need to understand what's happening and why. Come away from this session with a list of questions you need to be asking your PBM!
Moderator: Kathleen Harris, VP, Benefits, Time Warner Inc.
- Andrew Gregg, VP, Employee Benefits, Prudential Financial Inc.
- Connie Perry, PharmD, Sr. Consultant, National Pharmacy Integration Leader, Willis Towers Watson
- Dexter Shurney, MD, Chief Medical Officer and SVP, Clinical Affairs, Zipongo; former Chief Medical Director, Employee Health Plan, Vanderbilt University and Medical Center
B. Get Care That Matters for Behavioral Health Issues
Employees with mental health issues or those suffering from drug addiction often deal with "care" that is high cost and low value. So what can you do to make sure people access the help they need without paying for unnecessary services, uncoordinated care and low-quality providers? Employers tell us what works!
Moderator: Shari Goldfarb, Director of Benefits for the Americas, Deutsche Bank AG
- Michelle Martin, VP, Employee Engagement, CBS Corporation
- Pamela Corson, Ph.D., LPC, CADC, CEAP, VP, Global Health, Prudential Financial Inc.
- Debra Nussbaum, Ph.D., Senior Director, Behavioral Health Solutions, Optum
C. Help Your Global Travelers Go Toe-to-Toe with Unexpected Expenses
Are you prepared for unexpected injuries and illnesses that may occur while your employees travel on international business? Where can they get appropriate care? Will they need transportation? Do they speak the local language? How will international providers get paid? What other pitfalls and dangers do global travelers face? In this session you will learn how to enhance your travel program to protect global business travelers.
Moderator: Sandi J. Stein, SVP, Global Head of Benefits, Brown Brothers Harriman
- Jared Lewis, Sr. Manager, Global Benefits, Curtiss-Wright Corporation
- Caitlin Cirelli, Director, Client Management, Eastern Region, Cigna Global Health Benefits
- Jeffrey Walsh, VP, New Business Development, Eastern Region, Cigna Global Health Benefits
2:30 PM Transitions to Next Breakout
2:45 PM Concurrent Breakout Sessions Repeat
3:30 PM Networking Break with Exhibitors
3:45 PM General Session: Make Sure Low-Value Clinical Services Go Down for the Count
Where do you start when it comes to identifying categories of clinical services that you are paying for - but deliver little or no value to your employees? Here are action plans you can put in place NOW to make sure you're not contributing to the more than $25 billion in avoidable annual healthcare expenditures.
Moderator: Claire Levitt, Deputy Commissioner, NYC Mayor's Office of Labor Relations
- A. Mark Fendrick, MD, Director, University of Michigan Center for Value-Based Insurance Design; Professor, University of Michigan, Departments of Internal Medicine and Health Management and Policy
- Suzanne Taranto, EA, MAAA, Principal, Consulting Actuary, Milliman
4:30 PM Adjourn